- Download (free) from the iTunes store.
- Enter BARD login information to complete installation.
- Connect to a WI-FI network.
◦ Search for and select audio books to download.
◦ Select titles from the BARD online catalog interface or from a list of “recently added titles.” This is especially useful for accessing audio magazines, as it lists most recent publications first.
◦ If using BARD catalog, first add book(s) to your Wish List.
◦ Access the Get Books tab to find the titles you added to Wish List ready for download. (You may find it easier to add titles to Wish List by using a computer with screen magnifiers and readers.)
◦ Download book(s).
◦ Select this tab to begin listening. The app is similar to the digital Talking Book machine, with buttons for play, fast forward, rewind, speed, bookmark, and forward/backward chapter.
◦ This is where downloaded books are grouped and can be sorted by title, author and latest played. Click Edit and Delete buttons to remove a title you no longer want from the Bookshelf.
◦ Manage account information.
◦ Manipulate audio and video settings. The degree to which a voice command software can assist a user with this app will depend on the features of their personal device. Many iPhones have a voice command option called Siri and this software can be downloaded as an app to the iPad.